Our wish is that the European school on magnetism takes place in various European countries in the future. To reach this goal, ESM receives a new committee, the steering committee.
The steering committee is a small group of persons willing to dedicate some of their time to maintain the School on tracks. It is responsible for key actions, among which seeking suitable hosting places.
ESM to travel in Europe
The European School on Magnetism has gradually increased its European footprint over the years, with crucial steps such as inviting lecturers from entire Europe; official call for participation through a large mailing list; creation of a scientific advisory committee to select lecturers; setting up the MAGNETISM.eu portal, agenda, job market and newsletter.
While Schools have been held exclusively in Romania and France so far, the two founding countries, our wish is that ESM takes place also in other European countries in the future. However, due to strict constraints in budget and School logistics, finding hosting sites is not an obvious task. This was the main motivation to create another committee for the School, the steering committee, whose mission is to seek and motivate from the community, proposals for hosting the School.
ESM receives a steering committee
The steering committee of the European School on Magnetism is a small group of persons willing to dedicate some of their time to maintain the School on tracks. It is responsible for key actions:
- Seek and choose sites for hosting the School
- Choose topics and list of lectures for future Schools. This task benefits from a feedback of the Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Ascribe lecturers to each topic, based on the input of the Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Select the students offered to attend the School, out of the requests for participation.
- Monitor the budget, both for individual schools in coordination with the local organizers, and globally in relation with JEMS or a European magnetism association.
- Communicates with the same objectives as the School : education, careers, networking.
- Structure of ESM. The steering committee proposes and decides possible changes about the organization of the School and the structure of its committees.
Members of ESM steering committee
KIST Europe, Saarbrücken, Germany
Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Spintec (CNRS - CEA - Univ. Grenoble Alpes), Grenoble, France
PSI and ETH, Villigen/Zürich, Switzerland
Institut Néel (CNRS - Univ. Grenoble Alpes), Grenoble, France
Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Physics and Applied Computer Science, Kraków, Poland