2022-05-08 | Post-doc
Lab/Company : CIC nanoGUNE
Location : Donostia, Spain
Yearly income :
Expiration : 2022-06-30 [YYYY-MM-DD]
The Nanoscience Cooperative Research Center, CIC nanoGUNE, located in Donostia-San Sebastian, Basque Country (Spain), is currently looking for a POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER to work on Spin-orbit based devices. The candidate will work on an international collaborative project entitled “FEINMAN 2.0: Super Energy Efficient Devices enabled by Quantum Materials”. This project is funded by Intel Corp., the world leading microprocessor company.
The research topic encompasses the interconversion between spin currents and charge currents (spin Hall effect, Edelstein effect) in novel materials such as Dirac semimetals. The project also foresees the integration of working spin-to-charge nanodevices with tunnel barriers and with magnetoelectric substrates. The final goal is to help implement the magnetoelectric spin-orbit (MESO) logic technology proposed by Intel [S. Manipatruni et al., Nature 565, 35 (2019)].
The successful candidate will have:
- Ph.D. in Physics or a similar field
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Although not compulsory, the following points will be considered:
- Experience in any of these experimental techniques: e-beam lithography, materials growth and characterization, etching, electrical transport measurements (including harmonic Hall measurements).
- Previous knowledge in spintronics, spin-orbit torques, magnetic tunnel junctions
- Strong track record in publications at the highest level.
- Self-motivated and a team player willing to coordinate the research in a particular topic.