Faculty of Physics at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan offers the scholarship for PhD student financed by the National Science Center - Poland in the framework of the project: 'Modification of the interactions between magnons and phonons in periodic nanostructures by adjusting the structural and material parameters.'
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Ph.D. student willing to join the team undertaking a research project focused on numerical and experimental studies of magneto-elastic interactions in periodic structures. The position will start in the Fall 2017. The scholarship (3000 PLN per month – tax free) will be paid for 30 months.
- completed master studies in physics, material science, or similar subject, preferably with specialization in magnonics, phononics (photonics, plasmonics),
- practical knowledge of English (B2 level or above),
- ambitious, hard-working with high motivation for scientific work and strong will for self-development person,
- ability to collaborative work.
- experience in handling experimental equipment used for phononic or magnonic measurements (e.g. BLS, VNA-FMR),
- knowledge of the computational environments used for solving differential equations (e.g. COMSOL Multiphysics).
Candidates joining the competition are requested to submit the following documents: application letter, scientific Curriculum Vitae containing: outline of scientific carrier, list of publications, information about participation (or leading) in scientific projects, scientific scholarships and long-term visits, scientific awards and prices; copy of MSc diploma. All documents should be sent in one pdf-file (up to 8 MB) to Dr. Jaroslaw W. Klos, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 26 September 2017
The selected candidates can be interviewed by Skype or phone. All candidates will be informed about the result of the competition till 01.10.2017 by an e-mail.