Location : Dresden, Germany
Yearly income :
File : See details
The Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materals Research (Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf) has an opening for PhD position.
The position will be available from 01. January 2018. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 19,5 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden-Rossendorf.
- very good diploma or master´s degreee in physics, materials science or a related area
- willingness to travel to other research locations (Synchrotron facilities and the Technische Universität Chemnitz) and international conferences
- good written and oral skills in English
- preferably experience in magnetic micro- or nanostructures and/or magnetic dynamics
- preferably experience in programming for data analysis and visualization (e.g. Matlab, Origin)
- experience in preparation of micro- or nanostructures (lithography techniques) will be acknowledged
This research project aims at the preparation and characterization of magnetic vortex structures which emit spin-waves. These spin-waves should then be coupled to spin-waves guides. The successful applicant will prepare the magnetic layer structures by sputter deposition. One main focus will be on the design and technology of the structuring by e.g. electron beam lithography (EBL). The microstructures will then be characterized with different techniques to investigate the interplay between structural modifications and spin-wave emission and conduction. This knowledge will be applied to create novel magnetic infrastructures and systems relevant to future data storage and logic applications.
Application and further information
See the attached PDF or follow: https://www.hzdr.de/db/Cms?pNid=no&pLang=en&pOid=51916
Deadline: 15th September 2017