Location : Villigen, Switzerland
Yearly income :
At the Mesoscopic Systems Group, a joint laboratory between the ETH Zurich and Paul Scherrer Institute (based at PSI), we investigate mesoscopic magnetic systems and are looking for a postdoctoral fellow for Pulsed Laser Deposition of Magnetic Systems.
- Run a basic pulsed laser deposition system and fabricate high-quality thin films, composites and multilayers
- Fabricate nanostructures and devices with electron beam lithography
- Carry out research that fits with one or more of the research fields of the Mesoscopic Systems Group including frustrated spin systems, ultrafast processes, hybrid systems and antiferromagnetic spintronics
- Study the static properties of the system with large scale facilities (synchrotron X-rays and neutrons)
- Study ultrafast processes with lab-based equipment and at X-ray free electron lasers
- Perform measurements with and take responsibility for the X-ray Diffractometer, SQUID and PPMS measurement systems
Application and further information
Contract is limited to 2 years. See the full advertisement at https://www.psi.ch/pa/stellenangebote/1882
For further information please contact Prof. Dr Laura Heyderman, phone +41 56 310 26 13.
Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 3701-02).