About the institution
The UK`s National Physical Laboratory sits at the intersection between scientific discovery and real world application as one of the world’s top three National Measurement Institutes. Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. Join the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) at an exciting time of growth where you will have a great opportunity to maximise Impact from science. We are bold and visionary and we believe anything is possible at NPL.
About the position - role
• Designing and performing experimental studies;
• Development and test of advanced magnetic microscopy techniques;
• Development and performing advanced STM experiments;
• Working in close collaboration with a large European network;
• Exploring existing and building up new collaborative networks in the international research community;
• Presentation of research results in peer-reviewed journals and at international conferences;
• Development of a circle of new industrial collaborations.
• Excellent knowledge of magnetic and electrical modes of scanning probe techniques;
• Knowledge and experience of an STM technique;
• Knowledge of transport and local measurements of topologically-protected spin structures;
• Significant experience in nanotechnology and nanofabrication;
• Good level of programming and modelling skills (LabView, MatLab).
• The previous research record should be confirmed by relevant publications.
• A PhD in physics or relevant disciplines;
• Understanding and enthusiasm in fundamental and applied research;
• Excellent problem-solving, with a record in innovative research;
• Strong communication and presentation skills;
• Ability to manage own time and to work as part of an interdisciplinary project team.
We will be reviewing applications prior to the official close date, so we may change the close date if needed.
Further information and application: