Cargèse is a medium-sized village along the western coast of Corsica, between Ajaccio and Porto. It is directly on the sea, however very close to the mountains, covering most of Corsica. Climate: The average (night & day) temperature at the time of the school is in the range 12°C to 22°C, so, liable to be around 17°C, with possibilities of rain. Please bring suitable warm and waterproof clothes.
- The conference site is called IESC, stading for Institut d'Etudes Scientifiques de Cargèse. It is ruled jointly by the University of Corsica, the University of Nice, and CNRS.
- Accommodation is covered by the registration fees. Participants will be split between the School site and the village, and organized by IESC.
- Lodging is provided on the basis of two persons per room. You should bring with you toiletries (soap etc.). Linen/blankets and towels are provided.
- Laundry (automatic washing machines) are available in the accommodation building at the school site, as well as in the village. The washing agent is provided.
- Catering. Breakfasts and lunches are covered by the registration fees. DIners shall be covered by the participants. Kitchen facilities are available, as an alternative to bars and restaurants. Shops are available in the village.
- Climate: the daily average (night & day) temperature at the time of the school ranges from 12°C to 22°C, thus likely to be around 17°C, with possibilities of rain. Please bring suitable warm and waterproof clothes.
- Casual wear: one outing and one or more sport sessions have been scheduled, including indoor pool. Please bring casual wear and a bathing suit for such purpose.
- Posters: we encourage participants to bring posters to present their work. Posters will be hanged during coffee breaks and special sessions. The preferred size of the posters is A0 portrait. Early in the time schedule oral sessions have been scheduled for quick presentations of the participants as an introduction to their poster (two slides max). Please have such slides prepared in an electronic format!